One of the essential components of search engine optimization is technical website optimization. In order to achieve the best results in the of search ranking, the site should meet the technical requirements of search engines as much as possible.
All technical optimization items (there are about 150 of them at the moment) can be grouped into the following groups:
- Site loading speed;
- Correctness of the display of layout elements;
- Proper page layout with metadata, headers, microformats, and other elements;
- The optimal structure of the site and internal linking for better indexing by search engines and ease of navigation for users;
- No duplicate pages and pages with a 3xx, 4xx, 5xx server response code;
- Maximum site security for users and their personal data.
Below is a list of services that will make your website optimized from a technical point of view and significantly improve its ranking in the search results:
SEO audit is a comprehensive site check. It affects not only the issues of page loading speed, technical duplicates and the correctness of the micromarking but also all the components of the site that may prevent it from ranking well in the results of search results.
SEO audit consists of 5 parts:
- Technical SEO audit;
- Check On Page Optimization;
- Content analysis;
- Reference profile check;
- Usability analysis.
Checking the site by 110+ points allows you to get the most comprehensive assessment of the site's readiness for ranking in the results of search results. The technical part of the audit can be used as a ready-made technical task for our development team to eliminate all the stop factors for the site to achieve positions in the top of search engines.
Semantic core is a list of key search queries that users monthly set to a search engine in the target region. Clustering the sematic core is the distribution of these requests across the pages of the site so that users receive the most accurate answers to their requests.
Incorrectly assembled and clustered semantic core leads to relevance conflicts between several pages of the site (they respond to the same user requests and the search engine “doubts” which page to show in response), which significantly worsens the ranking of these pages in the search results.
Collecting and clustering the semantic core will make it possible to understand the situation in the niche:
- Which requests, goods and services are more competitive and difficult to promote?
- What excites users when ordering affects their choice?
- What are the stop factors?
- Is there a general interest in the region of interest to the goods and services offered?
You can also understand which user’s questions need to be answered in the content and which pages at this stage are not enough on the site in order to completely close the user's demand.
Any analysis of the audience begins with an analysis of its interests. In search engine optimization this task is performed by the compilation of the semantic core of the site.
The site should be as convenient as possible for users who visit it and for search bots that scan it. With these two tasks helps the correct, well-thought-out site structure.
Users and search robots should be able to get to any page for the minimum number of actions. The main menu of the site and all other elements of navigation should be thought out and intuitive.
The ideal situation is when:
- any information on the site can be found in 2-4 clicks,
- all goods, services, materials are separated into relevant sections,
- if there are many offers, you can select only the most targeted ones using filters and sorts.
All of these can be achieved by analyzing the search queries of users and developing the full structure of the site, the main menu and navigation in advance, even at the design stage. Or on the basis of the same data and information about the behavior of users you may make changes to an existing structure.
The number of mobile devices is constantly growing. And as they grow, the % of search from mobile devices via 3G / LTE connection also increases. Search engines understand this, therefore, more and more attention is paid to the speed of loading pages on the users' devices.
To ensure the fastest possible user access to information of interest to them, the server’s response rate to a user's request should be hundredths of a second (ideal situation is up to 200ms), and the download speed of the site page on its device is 1-2 seconds.
The slower the user’s Internet connection and the device itself to access the Internet, the longer it will wait for the page of interest to open.
Our task is to shorten the user’s wait as much as possible, because every few seconds some users close the tab without waiting for the download to finish, which means the site loses its target audience.
OnPage optimization helps search engines to better understand the content that is on the pages and the importance of the various elements of this content.
By optimizing the tags, the most correct indexing of the content on the pages and the best positions for these pages in the search results are achieved.
These tags include:
- <Title> – the title of the page;
- <Meta name = "description"> – description of the page;
- Headings <h1, h2 ... h6> – marking of headings in texts;
- Microformats <Schema and Open Graph> – markup content on the page;
- Language tags <link hreflang = "" rel = "alternate">;
- <meta name = "robots"> content indexing control;
- <Alt> tag for better indexing of images
- <link rel = "canonical"> for content deduplication;
- <link rel = "publisher"> for copyright.
One of the most important trends of the last years in the network is ensuring maximum security for users and their personal data. Associated with this is the active implementation of SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificates on sites to provide better encryption and security during data exchange.
You need to buy an SSL certificate, correctly connect and configure the connection of the old site on the http protocol with the new https site. Only the correct configuration of the certificate and the junction of the old and new version of the site will help to maintain the current volume of organic traffic and attract new users.